Annual Board of Education Elections
Board of Education elections are held each year in mid-May, at the same time and location as the annual District Budget Vote.
If you are considering running for the Board of Education, you will find important information on this page.
Prospective Board Members
Candidates for the Board of Education (including incumbents) are required to submit a petition signed by at least 25 qualified district voters. You can download the petition (at right) or pick one up in the District Office.
Qualifications for the Board of Education:
- Be a qualified voter of the school district (US citizen, at least 18 years of age and not adjudged to be incompetent)
- Be a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election
- Be able to read and write
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family
- May not be a current employee of the school board
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office